Thursday, August 16, 2012

The beginning

It's officially less than one month until I marry the love of my life and begin our new journey together.  Plus that means it's almost time for Walt Disney World, our honeymoon destination!!!  *squee* I cannot wait to be there and  to celebrate with my love!

In honor of the wedding (and because I felt like I wanted to write it), I thought I'd share our story from two singles to KC squared :)


Setting: A dark dreary night on the scary internet LOL! Just kidding, this is a love story after all!


Let's backtrack about 2 years to a single Kristen, living in Philadelphia, enjoying time with friends and family. Kevin's living at his parent's house after finishing his Master's degree and working a crazy schedule at a warehouse facility. 


A few of my friends were talking about online dating, over a few beers at the local bar.  Online dating was everywhere: on TV commercials, in radio ads and even billboards driving up and down I-95.  I had dabbled in online dating before, mostly through Yahoo Personals, but it always felt cheesy to me - sort of it's own version of MySpace (Does that still exist??)


My dear friend C wanted to try speed dating, where the participants are thrown into a bar and given minutes to talk to each person.  She asked me if I wanted to participate and the thought terrified me.  That was WAY too up close and impersonal. I politely declined her invitation but encouraged her to try it out because it might just be her speed (She did and it wasn't)


I went home that night, grabbed my laptop, sat in bed and started to surf the web.  I knew of eHarmony & Match.com but I had never tried them.  So in a moment of pure abandon, I signed up for eHarmony. 


Let's fast forward through the crazy men, the ones with Mommy issues, the ones with ex-wife issues and the ones generally unfit for coupledom.  I exchanged emails, went on some dates, did some dumb things (not THAT dumb!) and generally felt a little defeated.  There's only so many times you can introduce yourself and talk about everything and anything. 


Then one night, it all changed.........



STAY TUNED!


No comments:

Post a Comment