Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wedding Crafting!

So the past few nights have been about wedding crafting or at least buying the things  I need to finish some of my crafts.  Let me tell you, I love the craft store, but even I'm sick of them after 3 visits to 3 different stores.  


But guess what?!  I finally made two things for the wedding!  WOO! 


The first craft I took up was making the jewelry for my bridesmaids.  I knew I wanted to make their jewelry so that it was somewhat special.  I was also realistic that it would never look like fancy store-bought jewelry but that was a-okay with me :) 


Our colors are chocolate, ivory and cranberry.  The girls' dress are from David's Bridal and look like this in Truffle (think milk chocolate) color:

They are cute and simple.  They can have straps if they want or not. I left that up to my ladies to decide what was comfortable for them. 


So for my not so fancy but made from the heart jewelry:

What do you think? I am glad about how they turned out but also my own worst critic so I've asked a few folks their thoughts and all were positive. 

As for the second craft, our Flower Girl is our niece and she will be 4.  I didn't make her jewelry because I didn't want to overwhelm her.  I decided to make her a hair barrette (which I forgot to take a picture of) and a flower girl basket.  Please excuse my fingers in the picture.  I was tired and uninterested in fiddling with it. 



And now because you made it this far :) 

The lovely Tara over at Nowhere to go but crazy is hosting a giveaway!  Who doesn't like free stuff?!  Not to mention that her Etsy shop is full of beautiful things! Please check her out and send some love her way :) Go!  NOW!



4 comments:

  1. WOW! Great job! Thanks a lot for stopping by "The Coffee Shop" and leaving a comment! :) Congratulations on your wedding! Very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! You do a great job on the jewelry. and that flower girl basket is so adorable! I think she'll love it. I like your color choices too. Not too bright, not too dull.

    Have a great day and thanks for the mention!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jewelry looks beautiful! I think it will work perfectly with the dresses.

    The flower girl basket is SO cute! And a great idea. My daughter has been a flower girl three times, and she has saved all three baskets - it will be super special that your girl will have a basket made by the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!?!?! Where did you go? More blogging from you please! LOL
    Just wondering where ya went, hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete