Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Things I'm Afraid to Tell You

I've been reading blogs on and off all morning and stumbled upon this great linkup.  So since I really write this blog to myself most days, I thought I would give it a try.  


From a blog I just discovered, Little Mama Jama "Today, I’m joining the Things I’m Afraid To Tell You linkup!  Thank you to Jess Constable, who came up with this idea, as well as Ez of Creature Comforts, who turned it into a movement.  Here is a Huffington Post article on this topic by Laura Rossi."


 - I have so many ideas in my head about projects I want to try, crafts I want to create and things I want to do that it can be overwhelming.  But alas, when I try to get started, I draw a blank at how to begin.  I'm working on writing things down so that I can figure out at least one or two of the idea and see them through to completion. 


- I have my Bachelor's degree and Master's degree (plus way too much student loan debt to think about) but I still don't know what I want to do when I "grow up" .  I enjoy what I used to do in my field but now I feel like I'm in a jut.  However as the "breadwinner" in our family, I know I can't quit right now to pursue other dreams...maybe someday


- I have 2 terrible irrational fears that can easily take over my usually outgoing personality.  I am terrified of people hearing me go to the "potty" (Big Bang Theory, anyone?) I run water, turn on fans and sometimes make my cell phone play music to mask any noises.  I am also terrified that folks I see/meet each and every day are judging me because I'm a tall & big girl.  It consumes me walking by myself across the street even to get breakfast.  


-  I suffer from depression for most of my adult life.  I take meds on and off to help with it but mostly I just try to get up each day and start anew.  Recently I started having panic attacks..perhaps because our wedding is a few short months away (less than 3 to be exact) but I have had to learn how to deal with those without shutting down and leaving myself in bed all day. 


- On a happier note, I have always wanted to live in Florida.  It is the one place since I'm a kid that I have yearned to live but as of today, I have no yet lived there.  It was close one year when I interviewed for a job in Miami but it just wasn't quite what I wanted.  I dream about living in Tampa and being close enough to drive to Disney whenever the mood struck me!



1 comment:

  1. My friend's house is set up kind of weird, and her bathroom is right off the living room, but it actually kind of sticks out into the living room. So when I visit her house for the weekend, I literally try to make sure to do the potty thing when we are out somewhere, because I just can't get past feeling like everyone is sitting right outside the door hearing me from her living room.

    Congrats on the upcoming wedding. I'm sending you lots of good thoughts for stress-free days as you do all the last minute stuff.

    ReplyDelete