Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Freezer Cooking

One of the websites/blogs I love to read daily is Once A Month Mom.  I am not a Mom, not  once a month cook (yet!) but I enjoy reading about new ideas and pondering how they would fit our family of two!

Because of some change in medicine, I have been having extra energy to burn after work. Usually after work involves relaxing, tv and cooking dinner.  However when you feel like you're going to jump out of your own skin, it sometimes needs to involve other activities.  Therefore I attempted freezer cooking for the first time!

Cue the happy, sparkly music! Guess what I made?!  Breakfast sandwiches.  Yes, those sandwiches you can buy in a box in the freezer and through in the microwave but I made MY OWN sandwiches, thankyouverymuch!

Super easy and super good looking...Alas I forgot mine this morning so I didn't get to taste it yet.  Dag nabbit!

This super awesome blogger shared with the world her process.  Thanks for sharing!

Basically, you cook your ingredients however you want.  I preferred to do the bacon in a frying pan on the stove because my oven tends to blow things up so I was leary.   Side note: I'm serious..I have yet to make baked buffalo wings without the smoke detectors going off in harmony around the apartment and the dog howling.  How is that possible!?

I made a small assembly line since the dog wasn't going to be much help putting them together.  But she was a fantastic bacon taster!  I only made 6 sandwiches because I wanted just test it out before I committed to more and plus it's only the two of us for breakfast.  Most mornings, just hook up my coffee IV, please.

I'm proud to say that the sandwiches looked and smelled intoxicating.  I'll have to report on taste later but for a small bit of effort, it potentially could save my hungry morning man from becoming a bear in the kitchen before work!

What about you? Did you try any new recipes?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I think you have a pretty nice little blog too!
    It sounds like you and I end up with the same results from our ovens, except that mine is not the fault of the oven, it's the fault of the cook.:)

    Have a great day, and I hope you keep coming back to see me!

    Tara
    Nowhere to Go But Crazy.

    ReplyDelete