Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thrifty Thursday

Starting a blog hop or whatever the current term is for it seems silly when you writing to maybe 2 people (Thank you 2 people for reading! I appreciate it so I'm not completely crazy talking to myself) but whatevs I'm going to do it. 


I LOVE to thrift and scour yard sales/garage sales.  I'm still trying to learn to spot good deals that I can put some hard work into and make a profit but so far, I just find things that I like for us.  


We have an amazing Goodwill store about 20 minutes from us.  Hidden in farmland, filled with treasures.  Of course I forgot to take a picture of our biggest find there but I will!  Last night was no exception, we found awesome items and some things that we weren't looking for but were too hard to pass up. 


One of my biggest issues with apartment living is that you cannot paint the walls. Actually in our apartment, I just learned you could but shhhhh don't tell me that yet.  Let me rant on :)  So instead of painting I'm on a quest to find pretty things to hang on the walls and make it look decorated.  I've been following lots of blogs and the lady at Garage Sales R Us is AMAZING!  She's finds things, sees their beauty and turns them into gorgeous pieces.  I wish I lived closer to her to benefit from some of those beautiful pieces.  


Below is the gorgeous handmade baby quilt we found  for $3.  $3??  Can you believe it?!  Someone took allot of time to work on that one and I think it's beautiful.  I'm going to frame it and hang it on a bedroom wall in our apartment.  I love all the colors and patterns and the handmade quality of it all.  




What did you find if you thrift?  What do you wish you could find at the thrift store (other than a pile of $$)? :)




*Sorry the picture is crappy..We are saving for a better camera and this was with my phone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment