Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sale Sale Sale

Is that like location, location, location?  Maybe not to most but to me it definitely is. 


I went to Safeway on my lunch to grocery shop for our house.  Yes I grocery shop on my lunch because I ran out of time during the weekend and I needed some produce.  Side note: Produce is daggum expensive!  Sometimes you buy it and it goes bad the next day...that makes Kristen go from :) to :( really fast. 


Anywhoodle, I walk into Safeway, load my cart with some produce and proceed to the meat section.  We have a fridge at work and I always have a cooler bag in my car for just such an occasion.  I went to the bacon...lurves me some turkey bacon.  Alas, Safeway wanted to charge me my right arm and left leg to buy some bacon so I passed.   I wander innocently over to the 40% Purdue sale and looked around.  I really want ground chicken or turkey but was not finding anything.  


One quick right turn around the refrigerated section in the middle of the aisle and BAM.....ground turkey.  
Not just any ground turkey but 3 pound containers originally priced at $11.99.  Woah!  That's too rich for my blood but...................




 *and here's the good part*






it was on sale for TWO DOLLARS!!!  TWO WHOLE DOLLARS for 3 pounds of ground turkey.  I read the sign 4 times to make sure and sure as I am getting married in 6 weeks (*faints) that ground turkey was seriously on sale.  Why you may ask?!  Well it has a sell-by date of today but pop that package in the freezer and you have meals for months or weeks if you eat like my love :) 


Did you score any great deals today?  Do tell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment