Monday, July 23, 2012

Bachelorette Weekend

This past weekend was my bachelorette part fun in Philly!  Note: Apparently the dictionary does not like the word "bachelorette" It was AH-MAZING!!  I seriously have the best friends in the world!  They spoiled me and made me feel so special. 


I drove up Friday night so that I would be ready for Saturday's festivities.  Friday night we went to Ms. Tootsie's for soul food and fantastic southern sweet tea.  I stopped drinking real sugar in my tea so it was super sweet for me but I watered it down and we were all good. PLUS they serve it with a slice of watermelon in the glass - How cool!  Dinner was fabulous and my friend's treated me even though it wasn't technically "my day" yet :) 


Saturday was a whirlwind!  I'm still trying to recover.  I'm not a drinker - Yes I have a drink or two but that's my limit.  I get sleepy after and just want to go to bed.  The morning started with matching purple tees that each had our "title" on them.  Mine was a cute Bride rhinestone iron-on with Minnie Mouse ears over the "i"


First stop: Parc French Bistro for brunch complete with mimosas!  My friends know that this is one of my favorite places to go in the city and it was as good as I remember it! Our lovely server even brought me an ice cream dish filled with flavored macaroons and a sparkler!  

Second stop: Mani/Pedis with the gang!  Not everyone could make it for all steps but this one was a blast.  We had cake pops (Minnie Mouse and wedding cake shaped) made by my lovely bridesmaid Mary and some champagne. I got gel nailpolish in a french manicure as well as my toes done.  The nail salon gave me a design with rhinestones on my toes as my bridal present - They were so thoughtful!  I'd show you but no one needs my big toes on the screen to scare them. 

Third stop:  Breathe spa and salon for massages.  The lady who gave me my massage was wonderful.  They give you fluffy robes to walk around in and have showers equipped with everything you could need to wash off after the massage. It was heavenly and I wish I could have one every day.  

We walked around for a while after the massage to waste time before our dinner reservations. We visited Franklin Square,  a farmers' market, Reading Terminal and plenty of the city's streets :)  In Franklin Square, we saw a couple who had just been married taking pictures and Cinderella/Belle walking around for a little girl's party. 

Fourth stop: Buddakahn, an asian fusion Stephen Starr restaurant.  Delicious albeit slightly expensive meal.  There was a bachelor party there at the same time and they came over to wish me congratulations!  

Fifth stop (you still with me?): The Plough and the Stars & Q tequila bar.  Drinks after dinner.  There were some funny moments and fun antics but all in all it was a fun and tame night.  

Photos may come later.  My bmaid took all the pictures with her camera and she needs to upload them yet.  








No comments:

Post a Comment