Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekend Festivites

Since we moved back to the East Coast from Phoenix, we have found our weekend calendar to be quite packed.  Family events and parties, wedding related tasks and very little "staying at home" time.  We are grateful for our families and being as close to them as we are but sometimes it takes a girl's breath away looking at the calendar. AND we don't even have kids yet!!! 


This past weekend was another adventure this time up to the City of Brotherly Love for our nephew's 5th birthday party.  It was a blast to see everyone and we had some down time with DF's parents on Saturday night just grilling out and sitting in the backyard.  Having lived away from them for about 7-8 months, you do sometimes miss those kind of evenings. 


Sunday was the birthday bonanza, filled with grilled foods (my favorite!), family, friends and one happy 5 year old! :) When I first started dating the DF, his nephew wasn't too sure about me.  I was just this strange woman attached to his Uncle.  Since we've been together for over 2 years now, I've progressed to Aunt Kristen (Woo! My brother's only 12 so I wasn't going to be an Aunt for a looooong time).  I even got to give the birthday boy a kiss on his cheek!!  


 DF's sister gave birth a few weeks ago and now we have another niece to spoil rotten and snuggle with.  Let me tell you - she's adorable!  A little peanut with a head of dark hair. 


Aunt Kristen and Molly
Uncle Kevin waving Molly's hand for the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment