Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kids

The fiance and I are due to be married in less than 3 months.  Woo!   We have been together over 2 years and have lived together for most of that time.  So for us, we are excited to be able to start the next part of our life.  We will still come home to our fur babies, Purrsephone (the cat) and Penny ( the puppy) .  Yes we did..ok I did, dress her like a pumpkin for Halloween and I think she looks damn cute!!



I spend a great amount of time reading "mommy blogs" because I love to hear their stories, but also because I feel like it's a good resource for understanding parenthood from a more realistic perspective.  I've laughed and cried; I've shared stories and commented on postings.  I love it all.  I say all that to say that we are talking about having children.  We have lived together and done the "honeymoon stage".  We are stable (well for the most part LOL) and we are older than most of our friends who have had children already.  We feel ready...not ready for the challenges but ready to start our family.  I'm sure there are folks out there who would take issue with us being ready before we are even married but I let it fall on deaf ears as I can never please everyone. 

I've become through my reading of blogs a passionate breastfeeding, babywearing, attachment parenting supporter. I want to give my hypothetical child the best I can using as much education as I can muster in the months leading up to their birth.  My fear is everyone else.  

My SIL just had her first and already I can hear the information (read: orders) being shared with her about raising her baby.  She's a strong-willed individual so I hope she can handle it but I'm more worried about if I can.  

How do you deal with strong opinionated grandparents and aunts who feel the need to share everything with you about how you should raise your child?  We already experienced hurt feelings and angry emails over our WEDDING REGISTRY!  Yes, over the stores we chose to register at - mostly because it wasn't bed, bath and beyond.  *sigh* 

I'm not sure why this all came out now but as I can write what I want..I felt like sharing. 

Bonsoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment