Saturday, June 2, 2012

Processed Foods

There are literally thousands of blogs, articles, posts about removing processed food from your diets.  I appreciate honesty from some of the blogs I read like 100 Day of Real Food.   Honest opinions and the ability to allow people to comment back appropriately.  Keep your cursing and shallow thoughts to yourself.  We are adults and can have an intelligent discussion. 


All this talk has had me thinking about what I can remove from our diets on a regular basis to make it a little healthier.  My first thoughts were removing dairy from our diet.  We are both lactose-intolerant to a point.  Milk and ice cream render our apartment inhabitable from my  DF (dear fiance).  However cheese is a staple in most of our recipes.  There are at least 4 bags of shredded cheese in our freezer at any time.  It seems like a daunting task to remove those items cold turkey.  So in the spirit of not giving up, I'm going to start by reducing the amount of dairy we eat regularly so that someday (read: in the future) we can remove all the dairy from our diet. 


What types of food-related challenges are you setting for you and/or your family?  Any tips for removing dairy from diets and especially recipes?





No comments:

Post a Comment