Monday, July 2, 2012

A case of the Mondays

Today I'm off work.  I took a sick day because I have appointments but also as it turns out, it will give me time to run errands and clean our apartment.  I have a ton of ideas that I want to try and I can never make it to Ikea during the week.  


Do you Ikea?  Yes, I used it as a verb so what of it!  We Ikea frequently because we are a) cheap/poor as we save for the wedding and b) are okay with the not so permanent nature of their furniture


My homage to IKEA:


I enjoy walking your long aisles and finding hidden treasures
Kitchen items always seem to find their way into my cart
Each time we go, we spend more money than we want :) 
And yet we still come back! 


Ok, so apparently I'm not any type of poet or creative genius.  But I think IKEA would love my attempt. 


Other than IKEA, today's adventures will include some appointments, walking Penny, hiding out from the heat, watching reruns of Criminal Minds and some grocery shopping.  I just looked in our freezer and it's like Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard in there.  Dinner will be slim if I don't get to the store. 


How is your Monday?  Marvelous? Melancholy? Magnificent? 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I do Ikea! LOL! But not as frequent as I'd like! It's like a time hole in there! and it's hard to feel that the day's gone! so my little girls get cranky and that makes it hard. Plus is not that close to our house anyway! LOL!

    I just wanted to stop by your blog and thank you for supporting Tara as she was featured on my blog on Friday! Your comment was very nice! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sweetheart isn't she Paloma?!

    We don't have an Ikea here, and from the sounds of it, that might be a good thing for my pocketbook. : )

    Hope you got everything accomplished that you needed to, and even got a bonus day off work, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete